Custom Ruger No. 1 Rifle Now Available
This is our feature rifle for 2010. Each year, we design a beautiful custom, walnut stocked rifle that we want to build. The rifle starts as an open canvas. First, we decide on whether to build it on a bolt or single-shot action. Then we choose the caliber. From there we take each aspect of the rifle a step at a time in order to assemble the best possible features to create an absolutely unique and classic rifle.
All photographs were taken by Stanley Trzoniec. This rifle was featured in a recent issue of RifleMagazine.
For this project, we chose a Ruger No. 1 action as the basis for a single-shot rifle chambered in 7X57 Mauser. Michael Ullman, one of our talented rifle smiths, has extensive experience with single shot rifles. He is a member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild as both a metal smith and a custom stock maker. Michael’s assignment on this rifle was simply to build it exactly as he would build his own dream rifle. We gave him an open budget and full license to choose the walnut, the metal finish, the engraving style and coverage, as well as any metal work he wanted to perform on the rifle.
Here is a list of some of the features on this incredible rifle:
- Ruger No. 1 Action
- Custom Scalloped Receiver
- Hand Made Safety
- Custom Made Trigger
- Match Grade ½ Octagon, ½ Round 22” Barrel
- Custom Made and Hand Fitted Quarter Rib
- Barrel Band Sling Stud
- Color Case Hardened Receiver and Lever
- Nider Blue Finish on Accents
- Rose and Scroll Engraving by Mark Swanson
- Exhibition Grade English Walnut
- Point Patter Checkering @ 26 Lines-per-Inch
- Ebony Forend Tip with Widow’s Peak
- Skeleton Grip Cap with Checkered Grip
- Talley Engraved Rings